Saturday 26 April 2008

Switched On....

Last evening, I attended what is known as "The V Conference", part of Questnet's Change the World campaign. Speaker after speaker highlighted the benefits of network marketing and how it ultimately delivers financial freedom [that elusive dream that most of us pursue throughout life].

A search on the internet about the definition gives this: "Financial freedom describes a well-planned lifestyle where one no longer is required to work for income to cover their expenses". I like this concise description and that is why I have given it the 'red treatment' so that it stands out when this post is viewed.

The last speaker had almost two hours at his disposal to get us on this thing...but he mentioned several truths that hit home. Most of us are working hard, morning to night, and going back home at the end of it and wake for the same routine the next day...after 40 years of doing this dilligently, we retire, broke and wait to die...

How true...how many people are in retirement now and are financially free? The other fact that jumped at me is when he mentioned that money is only important [the big issue] when it is not enough to meet expenses!

I have worked for ten years after university and have started to ask myself how to change my life and get out of this rat race...my dream is own a house, travel to all countries in Africa, write at least a book. But at this rate, I don't think I can achieve that unless I make that C.H.A.N.G.E!!!

The other significant truth that the main speaker mentioned was that to achieve this freedom, we have to be "switched on all the time" to keep the goal in focus and the efforts will bear fruits.

Just like the Grameen initiative worked for the poor people in Bangladesh, is Questnet the answer to empowering the people of Africa economically?

I don't know but I think it is worth a try....I need that freedom [not just financial] to do what gives me the utmost satisfaction.

No comments: