Wednesday 23 April 2008

Barclays Banks Fucks Its Valued Customers

Ever since I came under the wing of this otherwise reputable financial institution, Barclays Bank, as a result of the buy-out of the friendlier Nile Bank, I moved from happy to sad to frustrated. I have never wanted to put my money in a foreign-owned bank as a principle [what Capitalist Nigger author terms as 'Spider Web Doctrine']; but now, it is in there and have had to endure with their highly inefficient service.

The Barclays Bank that I'm talking about is the one in Uganda [bearing in mind that it is spread all over the world]. There seems no adequate reason why customers cannot get their ATM cards [those who were previously with Nile Bank], access their money or wait for about 20-30 minutes at the counter for a transcation to go through. To add to our irritation, there seems no credible explanation to what the trouble is or at least a statement from the Bank Management to its customers to sooth the ruffled feathers. There are as many excuses for this incompetence as there are staffers in that fucked-up Bank [which according to their website, are 779 permanent staff and 117 temporary /contract staff].

What is most annoying for me is the recent meaningless adverts that the Bank has put out in the media addressed to "Our Valued Customers". I don't think so, if these fuckers valued us at all, they would have treated us better than this.

I don't think 120,000 retail customers and 570 corporate clients are anything to mess with the way they are doing. Sometimes, that is why I support Mugabe-style takeovers.....many times, I wish we could storm the Bank and bash their heads in, get our money and fire-bomb the place [Ooh...have I committed an act of terrorism in that last part.....forgive me but understand my anger].

FUCK BARCLAYS BANK

1 comment:

ombui said...

Hahahaha...Barclays...

Do you know that their ATM's show that it has VISA function but not activated... Is it an international bank really...

Why have Visa label yet it functions not...