Friday 21 March 2008

More to Come

Dear readers,

I will be writing more on the issues that I had highlighted in one of my postings: Obama, Mugabe and Castro. There is also something I will shine the torch on in a post to be titled "Let's Talk About Sex", the focus will be on the push for abstinence among young people in Africa yet sexually transmitted diseases are increasing in the same demographic in USA [the promoter].

As you read an article in which I was quoted on the Obama-mania in Uganda, I will also reflect on one where I was quoted but did not make that comment at all [This will be first posting under the section I will label "MediaWatch"] yet it has wider implications than the author expected or anticipated. I have just finished typing a self-initiated letter of explanation to my superiors so that I can enjoy this Easter weekend with my loved ones in peace. I will even take several beers without that feeling lurking at the back of my mind.

To all those that I have attacked, I wish you a Happy Easter and let us keep this alive. The same wishes for those who will be reading this during the weekend. To my Muslim brothers and sisters in Uganda, my heartfelt congratulations on the successful completion and opening of the Qadhafi National Mosque. To all peoples of Africa of different persuasions or otherwise, all the best.

On the lighter note, under a section I will label "Letters to Cassidy", I will share with you a series of sms that helped break my writer's block. I'm also crafting a short story called "99 Problems" a fictionalised account of true-life stories [I put this on hold to observe Lent]. Ha ha...this will be the killer...no holds barred.

Yours truly,

DMG

PS. To Country Boyi, who encouraged me to start a blog and even being the first to link my blog to his. Let us keep the spirit alive, also check the description of this blog to answer the question you asked me.

1 comment:

Dennis D. Muhumuza said...

Sounds too good Davy, that 'let's talk about sex' is what am waiting for because I hold strong views about sex and how the condom talk has messed us up...for now though i'll reserve my comments as i await the piece.

'Letters of Cassidy' --that label alone sounds so buoyant i can't wait!

Dude, you even write poetry? The gods must be crazy! I can't wait for that and perhaps we shall take to Writer's Club and circumnavigate those 99 problems like real literary geniuses!

Happy Easter DMG but please leave alone the men of God. I read your response to Joshua's article and honestly am not convinced.

Perhaps we shall talk about this some other time.