Friday 28 March 2008

Love

The following is the second part of the sms series, the topic is love. Note: as in the first part, me in blue, her in red and paraphrases/elaborations in green between parentheses.

I'm on the way home, I'm reflecting on the tough topic [that] u have given but I'll draw on different experiences, what I've read & what happens around [me or us]

2 look @ wht we think, know or feel about complex topics like love, life, sex, religion, money, death, we look @ the past 2 try & understnd the present & future

Of the complex topics I mentioned, love is quite unique. It's a beautiful positive feeling but rises many negative emotions: jealousy, insecuirty, obsession....

As I had said earlier, it is our experience with love & the environment in which we do that eventually form our view. So, what is mine?

I dont knw u tell me. Wat r u doing hme apart 4rm writing to me?

Hmm....maybe it's why u chose that topic. I'm just chilling, having kb [read: conservation] & smsing, there ws no power bt it's back now. The story continues...

Before my story, let me share this: Perhaps love in all its aspects is the most covered subject in books/print, music, film, drama, dance & other expresssions

And this refers to different kinds of love: Filial (mother-child, bro-sis), agape (friends), eros (normally man-woman, incl. sexual attraction).

I have experienced all these. The 1st two from the time I came 2 be & from the time I started my 1st steps [in]reaching [out] 2 others around me. What about eros?

My view is filial is the highest form bse ideally it is unconditional. Sth agape & eros may lack bse they are based on choice whch we dont hv in the 1st

Sme searching abt your topic

Btw, I'm writing it from my heart & head like an article. This is with inspiration

Eros comes later & around the time we start 2 experience changes in our bodies. I had my 1st taste from this cup at 16, I ws struck & even many yrs later...

I recall how it felt 2 be in love then, bonding came natural, she ws 2 yrs younger. We exchanged letters, gifts & visits, we met many times alone 4....

....just kb, 2 listen 2 music & 2 kiss. I still remember the [cassette] tape she gave me (by Madonna). She's the 1st person I kissed, it ws "electric", a great moment

It really must have bin the fact dat u recall it

Maybe that's why i like kissing. However, I cant tell u who she is, at one time she ws some kind of celeb (Red Pepper).

Our relationship lasted a few months [until] whn she had 2 leave our hood 2 live elsewhere. I ws sad abt it but eventually got another, I hd started on this path

We were in [the] same class bt diff sch. [read: schools] Now this is wht they call a high sch sweetheart...ours played out in the letters we wrote every wk & during sch functions

Surprisingly, we didnt even kiss, we were 2getha from abt S4 till campus [university]. It's funny that whn we were free 2 do it, that's when we crumbled.

It ws something that started as a small matter bt ended the affair. She linked with an OB of mine & he filled in the gaps. Damn! She's around town & we met &...

No, we didnt. I think it ws fate..we had many progs [read: dates] 2 club, beach, icecream bt sth would come up. After her, there were others, there's indeed love after love

In all these, one thing is that the end [of the relationships] ws not bitter. Somehow, things would run their course, I'm thankful 2 these ladies 4 that time, there ws sth I learnt...

As I grew older, sex featured more regularly...it ws now eros proper. Tho sex alone is another topic, it plays a role in love (eros). But what hv I learnt?

Intimacy & friendship r integral 2 [a] relatnship [if] it's 2 last. Bt not evry erotic one shd hv this bse of many other factors outside.

With this, I knocked off way past midnight that night. The last and final part is yet to come....and it is the series with the most number of sms.

No comments: