Saturday 29 March 2008

Me and You

In this third part of the sms series that I embarked on partly because of the generous offer of my service provider and partly of my initial correspondences with Cassidy and her warm reception, I tackled the issue of relationships. In this case, a particular one [but I won't say whether it is past or present or future or a fiction based on true life, that will be for the readers to judge]. Like in the previous one, mine in blue, her in red, paraphrases/elaborations in green. You will notice that this was mostly a monologue.
Thinkg how 2 start this bt I'll throw pointers 2 get focus. Whn I call abt 10, I'll just listen 2 u. My batt is low & there's no power, hope it holds up.
2 get a persepctive, we need 2 recount how this started. It ws @ an event I attended just 2 show face, hv a few beers & out since I didnt hv other plans
It ws golf tournmt, a game I hd little interest in, bt since I hd bn 2 one the yr b4, I knew a little. 2 me, it ws fun day bse there ws dinner & dance after.
Golf is a game that can last a whole day, so I spent time @ the [clubhouse] on kb [read: conversation], tv & booze. It wsnt much later that things were 2 bcme more interestg
As part of event mgt, I ws assigned duty of receiving guests 2 dinner, ws 2 do this wth a gal cald Sal, we were later joined by another cald Lisa.
By ths time, I hd startd kb wth Sal whc Lisa joined in. dont remember topic bt we wre able 2 kp it going 2 dinner. At the table, we wre joined by 2 guys.
Kb ws generally abt life, atmosphere ws lively & drinks wre flowg. Of the three gals, Lisa struck me as a free spirit so I tended 2 talk 2 her mo.
After, there ws dance bt I wsnt in [it], neither ws our table. Besides gals hd 2 go, they claimed their BFs wre pickg them. Whn Lisa ws leavg, we exchanged nos [numbers].
Bt that ws not all, she gave me a hug (I didnt expect that). Wow, it ws heart warmg. In askg 4 her no. & giving my card, I ws taking a bold step...
Bold bse I didn't know wht 2 do wth that info. Bt I ws sure that I wanted 2 see her again. The times I called, the no. ws N/A [not available]. This is wht I wanted 2 avoid...
6am one day several wks later, she calls 2 wish me a gd dy. Wow, this ws different & it actually made my day. From then, we started 2 call each other and to...
...text & 2 meet @ different places. The more we met, the more I got 2 know abt her. She is v interesting & different, I like her company. She is great but...
...seems 2 conceal pain in her heart. Nevertheless, we all hurt in one way or another.
She is a fine lady, good looks, soft tender skin & a sexy figure. She's attractive & I've 2 admit that I'm attracted 2 her...
The thing wth attraction is that it can be one way or at different levels. The qn I ask myself, is she slso feelg the same? Many times I wrestled wth this...
many times I wanted 2 tell her bt i wd choke. I always believe in adddressg such issues in a face 2 face manner, so I send her sms hint so that she asks...
..she indeed asked me whn she came over 2 my office. Bt I couldnt flow, so I dodged that. The opportunity came at the least expected time thru sms & in club...
It ws after Val [St. Valentine's Day 14th February], she sent [a] thnx sms whc also hd 6 rules. My reply hd 'luv u 2' in it. A wk later, in Silk after UB40, is whn I 1st told her I'm attractd 2 her...
I dont knw if she remembers that. Bt now, since we hv let it known, what is the way 4ward? Qn will be answerd as story evolves. Gd nite Cassidy, hv a gd wk

With that I went to sleep, again way past midnight. But that was not the end of the story because I got more free sms to my credit when I loaded the requisite Shs 2,000 (a bit more than US$ 1) onto my cellphone.

The a'time gamed [this means run out] by since I hv some sms & u r lonely @ home, I'm going 2 continue the story: Me & U.
As we met regularly & came know more abt each other, a friendship devd & an attraction grew. She hs brought out a side of me that had died. I'm in a dilemma...
I'm tryg 2 restrain my feelgs yet I [need] 2 let it out. Bt I'm a prisoner of society, a prison wthout walls, unseen chains, can't rewind time, the clock kps tickg
At times, I wonder if it's my head or my heart or simply fate. If it's fate, it's predestined & I'm afraid. Heart, how far shd we go? Head, then it's rational.
This is an aside: As I ws thinkg of wht 2 write next, this songs plays on radio tht brings memories. It's cald "Freak You", 1 of thse raunchy male songs that shd be 4 foreplay ha haa
The story continues...At this pt, there is need 4 a perspective. At the back, there's baggage from both sides: I hv a partner & she told me she hd a BF tho...
...she told me they chucked [ended the relationship]. She ws down that day, I ws truly sad 4 her. I'm not a shrink, all I know there is love afta love & pain heals, a new page turns.
Anyway, our baggage is each of our own biz 2 handle. we r in this 2getha, as we look 4 a way 4ward, it'll hv 2 be us. Now, as we come 2 this, I [need] 2 look back
4 a month or so in Jan-Feb, we spent a lot of time 2getha mostly watchg ftball, I think that's where [the] bond grew. Whn it got heavy, she suggested a break but I...
...thot it ws better 2 put [it to] an end & work myself out of the system. But that ws the head, wht abt the heart? wht abt fate? A few [days] down the road was Val...
Experience hs taught me, this's when a guy hs 2 come correct (In high school I didnt show & lost the gal). Not that I feard 2 lose Lisa, I follwd my heart...
...i hv learnt that it's the thot that matters, that's the head. With that, the heart guided wht I did; music, roses, chocs...the kiss. Yes, it ws the 1st time...
...that we kissd tho I hd felt like it b4 then. However, such things r not rushd, it's better whn they flow naturally. I read somewhere that you dont ask [for] a kiss it just happens. I've 2 tell her that I enjoyd the moment (mwaah). That's the heart, does fate have a role here?
That's a qn that we can grapple wth & not get a clear answer. How do we know that it's fate that brought us 2getha? It ws a conscious decision 2 exchange nos, call & meet. Bt wht enabled us 2 be in a place at the same time & thru that maze of pple make that 1st contact that spawned this?
Thank u Cassidy 4 inspiring me 2 write, bt I don't want 2 be like the poet who wrote beautiful prose that the gal ws more in love with the words than the author.

Hi, thanks, hope yo gd, well abt the msgs i dont knw wat to say anymre

No comments: